Thursday, May 6, 2010

Getting Some Air

If someone told me two weeks ago, that I would host a radio show on poetry and prose, I would have humored their dillusion, then beat a retreat stage left. Well, whaddaya know? Here I am telling you that is exactly what I'm about to do. Things do get unexpectedly interesting, like a stone skipping downhill that hits one little twig along the way, changing its course entirely.

I had heard about a new community-oriented radio station here in Louisville, Kentucky, that they were looking for original material from poets and musicians. Wonderful! What a great concept. A local station that actually gives attention to local talent. We certainly have it in abundance. Why not have a one-hour show that spotlights our poets and writers? The station owner also thought why not, when I suggested the idea. So, here I am, gearing up to be a part of something wonderful in a way that I never would have thought so. I feel pretty danged lucky to paticipate in what I adore, what is creative, sharing it among other people who have fallen in love with words and stories. I am thrilled to get to spend time every week, hearing talented folk read and discuss the art of words. I hope you will be too.
As soon as we get are ready to air, which will be very soon, I'll make an announcement here.
Here's a link to the station: www.chradio.net And for those not in the Louisville area, we do have live-streaming.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! When's the first show? I'll post a link to it on my blog. I can't wait to hear from all the talented story-tellers, poets, artists in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fullofawesome! Congrats and I look forward to tuning in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all. I'm really looking forward to this. There is so much wonderful talent in the area and it needs to be heard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear the show. You should do an event invite for the 1st one and I'll link it on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ian. What a good idea. I hope to have things ready sometime this month.

    ReplyDelete